Monday, April 6, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #16--Watercolor


I'm joining Simon Says Stamp's Flickr Challenge which is all about watercoloring.
Although there's no "true" watercoloring on my card, I used the Distress inks
as a watercolor medium when I inked up the butterflies. Sorta.

The new Grid Stencil was ink distressed with three colors of Distress inks
and spattered with water after removing the stencil. The sentiment is a hybrid from 
Simon Says Stamp and Papertrey Ink.

 

A small butterfly stamp was inked with coordinating Distress inks, sprayed
with water and stamped on watercolor paper. After die cutting them,
they were adhered to the card along with some black hearts.
Coincidentally, my blogging friend Barb created a very similar card
using the grid stencil AND black hearts! See her card here on Flickr.

Play along with the Flickr challenge if you have some Simon Says Stamp products
and feel like getting inky with watercoloring. Hope to see you in the Flickr gallery!


9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Donna. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna I imagine this is what it would look like to fly over the rainbow! So pretty...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used to create this pretty card! Anyone would love to receive this work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS, Donna - love the way the butterflies match the colour gradients :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike...Barb's card looks so cool with this stencil and black hearts. too! I love your color combo and how you created your butterflies, Donna! I don't think I've ever used black hearts on a card, but I'm loving how it grounds the design, and how you paired your sentiments! Beautiful card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous card, Donna! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, my dear friend...I've fallen behind in commenting, but I'm taking time right now to enjoy strolling through your gorgeous gallery. Before I go any further though: HAPPY DANCE NEWS...my stamps arrived! Thank you for all your efforts! I'll be playing with them on the weekend, so stay tuned...a card will for sure be heading your way! Okay, back to focusing on this rainbow and butterfly beauty of yours, that has me smiling from ear to ear! Absolutely gorgeous! Wish my dabbles with distress inks would turn even half as pretty as yours! So lovely...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete