Monday, August 17, 2015

MFT August Creative Challenge--Paper Paradise



Our team has been playing in a tropical crafting paradise for this month’s challenge.
Palm trees, fruity drinks, and cool blue waters are are just some of the delights
you’ll experience as we showcase stamps and Die-namics with a tropical theme.
Take a trip with us! 

My card is a nod to thatched huts and hula skirts that appear in this month's release.
I used the Die-namics Fringe and cut several rows from kraft card stock and
adhered them to a kraft card base.


I cut a strip of green diagonal patterned paper from the new Dots & Stripes 
Fresh Patterned Paper Pack and adhered it across the top row of fringe. The
toucan from Birds of Paradise, and florals from Blissful Blooms were white
embossed and ink distressed, diecut, then adhered to the card.


I used white pigment ink and sponged around the edge of the card, and the ends
of the fringed rows, and white embossed the sentiment. The final touch was to add
a googly eye from my stash of embellies. How sassy does that bird look?

For more tropical inspiration, visit the MFT blog to see projects from
the rest of the participating designers and Mahalo for stopping by!




13 comments:

  1. Ha! Donna, love these bright colours on the soft Kraft card. These birds are terrific and fabulous use of the fringes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this Toucan is as sassy as can be ... love your Tiki-fringed card is a nod to outstanding!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! Love the kraft with the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the colors on this are glorious, and I love how they pop against the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I absolutely ADORE this card!! I love the kraft, and the way you colored the stamps is amazing! The fringe is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. I love the colors and the fringes, the ink distressing...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Donna, this card is super duper cute! LOVE the bright colors against the toned down kraft cardstock... and the googly eye is the perfect final touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative, so beautiful and so well done.
    The cherry on the cake is the humor behind it!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I already said so on Flickr, but I DO so love this card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO neat!! I love the white embossing and your coloring is freakin' amazing!! The kraft really makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely darling card, Donna! You did an amazing job blending your inks on the Toucan and all those pretty blooms! Love how you placed all the fringe, too...so fun!

    ReplyDelete